Chicken Piccata

Wow, talk about neglect! I could go on and on about why I haven't posted but the truth is....I'm really busy! I love food and love to blog but my kids and family are my priority so this blog has taken a back seat... Well that pretty much sums it up lol
Chicken Piccata
4 boneless chicken breast (butterflied)
3 Tbs butter
Garlic salt/pepper
3Tbs evoo
4-6 garlic gloves
1/3 white onion
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
Juice from 1 lemon
3 Tbs capers
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1 large zucchini that's been "jullianed "

Salt and pepper butterflied breast
Heat butter with 1 Tbs oil in large skillet
Add chicken
Cook each side 3-5 min on medium until lightly brown
When chicken is cooked, place in covered dish, saving the dripping
Inside the same skillet add the remaining oil and the onions and cook about 2 minutes. When they begin to caramelize you can add garlic. After about one more minute you can add remaining ingredients, simmer for about 5 minutes then add chicken back to skillet and "re heat". This sounds long and drawn out but typically if I know I'm going to make it, I have the breast cut an seasoned the morning of which makes it so easy to throw together! Giving credit were credit it due, I took the Picatta recipe from The Everyday Paleo cookbook and changed it to my likings.

Comments

Popular Posts