Revised Paleo Candied Granola

After eating my last granola recipe and really enjoying it, I came to the conclusion that is was a bit "busy." In my adventure to make a simpler yet tasty granola I reinvented this candy type granola that will knock your socks off!!! You can eat it plain or with fruit and kefir. It's even tasty as a cereal! I did use butter because I prefer it to ANY TYPE OIL but I'm sure that coconut oil would be great too!
Place all ingredients in a bowl
And feel free to use your favorite nuts

1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chopped pecan
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1 cup dried fruit (I used dates,figs, and cranberries)
2 cups large coconut flakes
1 TBS cinnamon
2tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple
1/4 cup honey
4 TBS melted butter
Mix well until all of the nuts are wet

Spread on baking sheet (I use stone ware) bake 20 min on 300 stirring 1/2 way though baking time. Allow mixture to cool in baking sheet. ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts