Butternut squash Muffins

I know, I know... Butternut squash AGAIN??????? Well I had a little more left over and I HAD TO experiment with it. I like having "grab" food. Something I can take when I am in a hurry and running out the door. I think they turned out pretty good. The texture actually reminded me a little of pumpkin pie!
MUFFINS
1 cup butternut squash
2 TBS nut butter
2 TBS apple sauce
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBS tapioca flour
1 TBS flax seed meal
2 prunes (dates would work)
1tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Place all ingredients in the blender until smooth. Let sit to thicken about 3 minutes. I used my very faithful mini muffin silicon baking sheet. Spray gently with oil before pouring.  I personally LOVE chocolate so I topped the with a chip or two...or three :) bake on 350 for apx. 18-20 min. Let cool before removing. Store in air tight container in the fridge.











Comments

Popular Posts