Jo-Jo's brownies

These are my FAVORITE! They actually save my life for a whole week each month :)


I'm going to post my original recipe but note: I've played around with it a LOT it's pretty forgiving, so have fun with it.

I've used pecan butter (homemade) instead of almond butter and pear instead of applesauce. I've even replaced the egg with 1 Tbs flaxmeal with 3 Tbs of water and they are still awesome. This alteration causes a change in consistency, so I use mini muffin holders instead of a tradition brownie pan. I use:

1 cup almond butter
1 egg
1/2 cup applesauce
1 TBS oil (i use nut oils)
1/4 cup sweetener (I use z sweet)
1 stevia packet
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tap vanilla
3 oz melted unsweetened baker squares

I don't usually use the microwave but melting chocolate is were I draw the line! I melt my 3 squares in a Pyrex cup for 1 min. Put everything else in a bowl and beat with beater until creamy then I incorporate the chocolate. Don't forget to spray the pan lightly with oil.


If I bake them in my mini silicon muffin pan they bake about 13 min on 350 a brownie pan may be a few min more WATCH THEM let then cool several minutes (this will be difficult) now for all you hard core paleo folks leave my S sweet alone! Lol it's a combo of stevia and Erthritol. You can buy it at whole foods or amazon it has less than 4 carbs for 1 teaspoon I use it sparingly in baked good.

Comments

  1. These I can attest to....DELICIOUS! Thanks for the recipe...I'm making these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts