Butternut Squash Project

So, last night I decided to play around my left over squash and WOW I'm glad I did! First project was pancakes. The near fact that they stayed together well enough to "flip" is HUGE! Id your messed around in the kitchen with paleo pancakes you know exactly what I'm talking about. Now remember I'm currently not eating apples, coconut flour or almonds so it's a bit of a challenge when trying to bake.If your brave and want to change it up add 1-2 TBS of coconut flour and let me know how they turn out :) My second recipe were muffins, which are great for a fast snack, I will share those in the NEXT Blog
Pancakes
Place all ingredients in the blender
1/2 cup baked butternut squash
1 egg
2 TBS nut butter(I used cashew/macadamia nut)
2 TBS pear (would recommend apple)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp tapioca flour
1 TBS flax seed meal
1 tap vanilla
Blend until smooth and let sit to thicken about 2-3 minutes
Heat about 1/8 cup size pancakes on medium heat, make sure to wait a couple minutes before flipping. Because the pancake has no gluten or coconut flour it does keep a moist/wet texture in the middle but its still amazing and a dapple of butter and syrup fixes ALL IMPERFECTION!

Comments

  1. These were great! I think I'll try adding 1 tbsp coconut flour next time...might help the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts