Eggplant Paleo pizza

When I first read about using eggplant for pizza crust I honestly didn't believe it was going to work. Being the experimental scientist that I am, I HAD to give it a try. WOW!! I was so excited about it!! Pure enjoyment!

PIZZA CRUST
1 medium eggplant, peeled and grated
1 egg
1/4 cup almond four
1/4 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup Parmesan (if tolerated)
Salt
Pepper
Pizza seasoning (I love penzeys)

After you grate the eggplant (I use food processor) soak up any extra water with a paper towel. Then add all the other ingredients. Allow the flax seed meal to soak up any extra liquid. If after a minute or two the "dough" looks too wet, add 2 tbs more flax seed meal. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and spray the paper with oil, then pour out the crust. It will be wet and messy but don't worry it WILL SET UP. With your hands spread the crust out about 1/8 thick. If it is too thin or "see through" it will crack and break. Bake for 35 min on 350, then remove from over and "flip" the trick to the "flip" is to have another oiled piece of parchment paper ready. Put the second piece of paper in top of the crust then flip and bake for another 10 min. Top the pizza then bake an additional 5-10 min. Absolutely Amazing!!
My Husband who is a meat and potatoes kinda guy actually enjoyed this pizza!

Comments

Popular Posts