Homemade "in house" roast beef

Lunch meat FREAKS ME OUT! I Of course I only buy organic or the "all natural" Applegate Farms. But even that is a bit slimy and weird. I do go into whole foods a couple times a month (45 min drive) and when I do I buy their in house roast beef (so yummy) yes, I send my kid to school with rolled up Lunch meat that's still bleeding! But at 18.00 a pound, I don't buy too much. So after talking with a sweet client of mine Lisa I was determined to make my own! Today I bought a 3 lb sirloin tip roast (on sale 5 bucks a pound) and prepared it as follows...
Spray entire roast with olive oil and cover heavily with garlic salt and black pepper. I placed it on a roasting pan and inserted a meat thermometer. I cooked it on 200 for 2 hours then cranked it up to 425 for about 5-7 min. The temp stayed regulated at about 150. We like our meat on the rare side so i was careful not to over cook. I sat it out of the oven and let it rest for about 30 min, then wrapped it in foil and put it in the fridge. I've decided to let it rest tonight and will slice it tomorrow. Currently it's almost midnight and my husband is at Walmart. I'm secretly hoping he comes home with a deli slicer :)

UPDATE!
I bought a slicer today at Academy 50% off!

Comments

Popular Posts