Carrot Ginger Soup

After sampling a carrot ginger soup at a local restaurant I knew I needed to create a healthier less sugary version of my own. I actually made this soup with some locally grown carrots and it was AMAZING!!

INGREDIENTS
1.5 pounds carrots (peeled and cut)
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 scallion
2 TBS chopped fresh ginger
2 TBS pure maple syrup
Salt to taste

Sauté scallion in about one TBS olive oil after about 3-5 minutes add ginger. After 3 minutes add broth and cut up carrots, bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes then turn heat down and cover. In roughly 10-15 min turn heat off. Place all ingredients along with the maple syrup in your blender. Be careful with a traditional blender. Vita mix does well with hot liquids but I cannot speak for a regular blender. Blend unroll nice and smooth. ENJOY! I Ate this for 3 days and loved it. It also made a great breakfast!

Comments

Popular Posts