Spaghetti and meat balls...paleo style

Well between the Super Bowl and working in the salon this weekend my blog has been neglected :( My kitchen on the other hand....not so much! To ugly I got to use my new kitchen gadget and I loved it!!
I had intended on making my "noodles" out if zucchini squash but when I glanced over and saw that beautiful butternut squash staring at me I just couldn't help my self!! Turns out it was a winner!! I majorly favored the texture and flavor of the butternut noodle vs. the zucchini.
MEAT BALLS
1 lb meat (I used beef and pork mixed)
1 egg
2 tsp Italian seasoning (I use penzys pizza)
1/4 cup parmesan (if tolerated)
1/4 cup almond meal
Salt and pepper
3-4 fresh garlic cloves pressed
Mix with your hands until well blended

Spray the skillet with oil, on medium heat place all of the meatballs in the skillet. Brown all sides of the meatballs then pour your organic pasta sauce (or homemade) over the meatballs, cover the skillet and allow the meat to cook in the sauce on low/medium heat while you prepare your noodles. The noodles where so easy! I just peeled the squash and used my little slicer. You could also use a julienne peeler. Gently steam the squash. If you cook it too long it will be MUSH! Serve as usual. Enjoy!!
After browning all sides of the meat balls, pour in the sauce and allow the meatball to finish cooking in the sauce, this will produce an amazingly moist meatball
this was before placing in the steamer
THE FINISHED PRODUCT! I am also hear to tell you that before going Paleo If I would have eaten this red sauce with tradition wheat noodles I would have chased it with 3-4 tumbs! This new version did not even produce a BURP! lol

Comments

Popular Posts